Veterinary Assistant Program
The IVG Veterinary Assistant Program is an accredited and approved program through the National Association of Veterinary Technicians in America (NAVTA). Our next class will start on Monday, February 13, 2017.
The Veterinary Assistant (VA) will complete a formal 6-month temporary paid training program that encompasses a blended curriculum comprised of online, classroom, and hands-on training that will allow the VA to sit for the Approved Veterinary Assistant examination. With successful completion of the exam, these individuals will become Approved Veterinary Assistants (AVA).
The primary responsibility of the VA is to provide support and assistance to the veterinary medical staff. The VA must embody the corporate culture of treating every client and colleague with the utmost courteous and attentive treatment possible, with a keen sensitivity to the emotional bond between owners and their pets.
- Maintain a safe and clean work environment, including but not limited to the cleanliness of laundry, floors and cages.
- Assist with basic animal restraint
- Assist with providing basic animal husbandry and hygiene between patients
- Assist with basic record keeping procedures
- Recognize the need for help and contact the appropriate staff member
- Ensure proper stocking of medical supplies and janitorial needs
- Required to maintain client and patient confidentiality
- High school diploma or equivalent
Benefits and Rate of Pay:
This position will be $11 per hour for the duration of the 6-month temporary training program. The benefits offered for this position include a discount on veterinary services at all locations.
Application and Interview Deadlines:
- Our February 2017 class has been filled, but encourage you to submit an application for future programs by clicking HERE. We will reach out to you as we get closer to the start of the next class start date.
Capital District Veterinary Referral HospitalLatham, NY 12110
IVG MetroWestNatick, MA 01760
Massachusetts Veterinary Referral HospitalWoburn, MA 01801
Port City Veterinary Referral HospitalPortsmouth, NH 03801
SAVESLebanon, NH 03766