Planned Caesarian Section
This service is available at:
You have planned a C-Section for your pet, now what?
Below is a detailed list of what you can expect, assuming everything goes exactly as planned. Every pet is different and we will of course make every effort to ensure your pet receives the care she needs. However, below is a basic description of what you can expect.
If you have any questions, or if you feel your pet has special needs, please don’t hesitate to either ask, or let us know.
- You will be given a time to come to check in your pet for the procedure when you call to schedule the appointment.
- On arrival at the check in desk (front desk), you will be asked to read and sign forms for anesthesia consent, and the treatment plan. The full payment amount of the treatment plan is required when you drop your pet off. We accept Master card, Visa, Discover, and Cash as payment.
- Please be sure to bring ALL medications that your pet is currently on, and feel free to bring in some of your pet’s food if she is on a special diet or has a sensitive stomach. Please do not feed her after 7 pm the night prior to the scheduled surgery.
- Please provide plenty of water for her throughout the night.
- At check in we will go over the surgical procedure with you and answer any questions or concerns you may have regarding your pet’s stay with us.
- We will use short acting anesthesia to provide the best support for the bitch/queen and litter.
- Each puppy or kitten will be delivered into our capable technicians’ hands to ensure good airways, breathing, and heart rates, tie off the umbilicus and place the newborns in a temperature controlled incubator until mom has recovered and is ready to receive her babies for nursing.
- We will check to be sure all puppies or kittens are comfortable and nursing well prior to going home, and that the bitch has good milk delivery from her mammary glands.
- We will call you after the surgery is complete and she has recovered to let you know how everything went with her and the newborns.
- Following the update on your pets’ conditions, we will schedule a time for you to pick them up later the same day.
- When you come in for pick up, we will go over the plan for post c-section care and answer any questions you may have.
- We will also schedule a time for you to return for follow up care and suture removal.
Please do not hesitate to call us with any questions.